On this week’s podcast, we’re welcoming back Justin Bartley, owner of Next Door and Windows, a company he started in the Chicago area in 2002.
Like most entrepreneurs, Justin worked long hours and very rarely took real time off. He has heard me say that your business exists to give you MORE LIFE, not less. And, part of this is taking time off, away from your business. I introduced Justin to the man I learned about the concept of “free days” from - Dan Sullivan of The Strategic Coach.
How To Get "Free Days" as an Entrepreneur
At our Accelerate LIVE! event this year Justin shared to room of over 200 people that he took 133 “free days” last year! The minute I heard that I wanted to share with you exactly how he did it.
On this episode we talk about how Justin went from working 70 to 80 hours a week for 10 years to taking 133 days off. We talk about what a real free day is, and Justin shares details about the changes he had to make in his business in order to make these free days happen.
After listening, I challenge you to make some of the same changes in your business and then schedule – and take – (at least) one or two free days and let me know how it goes.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The Idea Behind Free Days And How They Work Inside The Entrepreneurial Time System.
- How To Start By Counting Your Hours Off, Not Your Hours Worked
- How The Right People And The Right Processes Can Give You More Time Off
- The 3 P’s And Why You Need Them
- Why Building Your Team Is Your No. 1 Job
Dedicated to YOUR success,
- FREE One-on-One Strategy Sessions available to start making more money today.
EOS: Entrepreneurial operating system
- Harlan Coben books